Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Baby's Cry


My journey to get here is different and yet the same as that of thousands of others who are only happy writing. Nevermind those specifics. They may as well be generalities.

I'm starting this blog as a diary. I received affirmation from a professional in the business that something I wrote was good enough for people to pay for it (with some editing, of course).

What's that mean?

I have an agent now, and I will be writing about what happens from here until I get published and beyond... Hopefully. I am well aware that having an agent is no guarantee, and even getting published does not mean I'll be making minimum wage.

There are plenty of books by famous writers about their struggles before they made it. And there is so much material on the internet supporting those who are attempting to get here. It does not seem, though, that there is that much material about what happens in-between getting an agent and getting published. So that's what this journal is for.

I am in my 30s. What came before was amateur; what comes next is my trying to make it to pro. That does not mean writing and selling one book. It means writing and selling one book after another, for the rest of my life. It is the only ride I cannot quit.

There are many people wiser than me, so I hope nothing I write on this blog sounds pretentious.



No comments:

Post a Comment