Monday, September 24, 2012

Borderlands 2 is fun

And in between those sessions of play, I'm stressing about my next project.

For various reasons, I want it to be a trilogy. It just fits. There's a natural flow of the plot that can be broken up into 3 large arcs.

I'm stressing over it though because I'm kind of in-between a pantster and a planner in terms of writing. If I was a pantster, I would design the world and the characters, have a loose idea of the plot, and let them run wild (like Stephen King). But my best work tends to happen when I have a clear structure in mind.


I do have a fair idea of how the trilogy will go, but I worry about what happens after I've written (and hopefully gotten a deal for) the first book and I have to do the next parts without being able to go back and fix anything from the first book. This is the biggest difference of course, between writing a series and writing a single novel (even a very large one)--you can't really fix anything that you've written into an earlier book even if you later realize that you messed up something with plot implications for the next books.

No comments:

Post a Comment